Sunday, August 24, 2014

Crazy Idea

        First off, I think it is important to say that I am a pretty laid back teacher however, I expect my students to behave and be respectful. Last year was my first year in 4th grade and I was teaching only Math and Science. We were always up and moving, sitting all around the classroom in centers and groups. I was lucky to be able to go to Wisconsin's Technology conference called SLATE. While I was there I saw amazing innovations in seating and went to a session about designing your classroom layout. It got me thinking about how to make my classroom more comfortable for my students and what that might look like. I had searched Pinterest and other blogs about alternative seating but knew I didn't have it in my own budget to make it happen. I had to find a way to fund my little project!
       

1 comment:

  1. How did the alternative seating work last year? Do you plan on doing it again this year? How was behavior? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete